Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually as modifier] An aerofoil that rotates in an approximately horizontal plane, providing all or most of the lift in a helicopter or autogiro.‘a leading authority in rotary wing design’‘rotary wing aircraft’
- ‘The system gives 360° coverage against fixed and rotary wing aircraft, unmanned air vehicles and air launched missiles.’
- ‘He still has a long-term goal of becoming a rotary wing pilot.’
- ‘Over time, initiative was slowly regained through suppression missions with airlifted mortar assets and close air support provided by fixed and rotary wing aircraft.’
- ‘The modular architecture is intended to address the needs of a broad range of fixed and rotary wing air vehicles.’
- ‘Two Cobra rotary wing gunships also circled overhead, providing aerial reconnaissance, and prepared to employ fire support if necessary.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.