One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier An aerofoil that rotates in an approximately horizontal plane, providing all or most of the lift in a helicopter or autogiro.‘a leading authority in rotary wing design’‘rotary wing aircraft’
- ‘The modular architecture is intended to address the needs of a broad range of fixed and rotary wing air vehicles.’
- ‘The system gives 360° coverage against fixed and rotary wing aircraft, unmanned air vehicles and air launched missiles.’
- ‘He still has a long-term goal of becoming a rotary wing pilot.’
- ‘Over time, initiative was slowly regained through suppression missions with airlifted mortar assets and close air support provided by fixed and rotary wing aircraft.’
- ‘Two Cobra rotary wing gunships also circled overhead, providing aerial reconnaissance, and prepared to employ fire support if necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.