One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine which produces material for use in veneering by rotating a log longitudinally against a blade.
- ‘Two large North American flock manufacturers cut nylon tow with rotary cutters, which generate fibers of less-precisely defined length.’
- ‘The easiest way to slash the upper fleece layer is to insert a narrow cutting strip between it and the base layer and use a rotary cutter.’
- ‘For many garments, facings and interfacings can be eliminated and the edges can be finished using a rotary cutter with a pinking or wavy blade.’
- ‘Hem overskirts sewn from very fine, netting-type meshes by trimming them neatly with sharp shears or a rotary cutter - it's the same finish you'll find on expensive ready-to-wear.’
- ‘Using a rotary cutter and ruler, carefully slash open down the channel center.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.