One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A local branch of Rotary.
- ‘Overall, Rotary clubs in Britain and Ireland have given more than £6million to the emergency appeal.’
- ‘They put a proposal to the five local Rotary clubs to encourage indigenous people into nursing studies.’
- ‘Each individual Rotary club will then choose a school or youth organisation winner, eligible to take part in an inter-club competition.’
- ‘As the project's name denotes, local Rotary clubs have also played a significant role in raising $500,000 for the $2.8-million project.’
- ‘They've become regular speakers at western Pennsylvania churches, Rotary clubs and schools drumming up support, money and supplies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.