One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rose plant.
- ‘Stopping a few feet in front of me, he bent down at the yellow rose bush he had helped plant only a few days earlier.’
- ‘Before planting your rose bush consider your location; along a fence, at the front of a border, a small space and so on.’
- ‘I started a sprig of a Confederate rose bush in Tyler that came from a plant in Georgia.’
- ‘Although the cross still stands just east of Bowie High School, it is regularly repainted and redecorated by the young man and his mother, who also care for a miniature rose bush they planted nearby.’
- ‘In French vineyards it is an age-old custom to plant a rose bush at the end of a row of vines to give early warning of disease in the crop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.