One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Angry; furious.‘the idea of it gets him absolutely ropeable’
irate, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentfulView synonyms
- ‘Injured and ‘ropable‘, the two returned to the party but left soon after to go looking for their attackers.’
- ‘The next day he advised me he had changed his mind, and when I told the real estate agent about it he was absolutely ropeable because he had sent me his client and now was going to lose his commission.’
- ‘If anyone mentioned it to me I'd become ropeable.’
- ‘The Speaker of the House of Reps whose orders CNN defied, is ropeable.’
- ‘Talk about double cross - both the small banks and the Reserve Bank would be absolutely ropeable.’
Late 19th century: from the notion that the person requires to be restrained.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.