One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Cuban dish of shredded beef stewed in a tomato-based sauce.‘the ropa vieja was tender and delicious, as were the side dishes’
- ‘My family loved the fish with garlic sauce and Ropa vieja.’
- ‘The ropa Vieja was delicious and the plantains were very tasty.’
- ‘We had an appetizer of ropa vieja on plantain, which was marvelous.’
- ‘Azucar teams quantity with quality in its ropa vieja, possibly the finest version of this shredded beef stew I have eaten in New Jersey.’
- ‘I've been here 3 times and I've tried the oxtail stew, ropa vieja, fried pork chops, and roasted chicken.’
- ‘A few months ago, I came here and had the ropa vieja platter and loved it.’
- ‘Ropa Vieja has long been one of my favorite Latin dishes.’
- ‘The first time, my friend had the chicken and I had the Ropa Vieja.’
- ‘We ordered the ropa vieja on our first visit.’
- ‘I am a monster when it comes to Ropa Vieja, and I was craving it, so when it arrived I dug in.’
Spanish, literally ‘old clothes’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.