One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During surgery, the tumor appeared firmly attached to the posterior nerve rootlets, but gross total resection of the tumor was performed with sparing of the nerves.’
- ‘Below the cervical enlargement, the dorsal rootlets, roots and ganglia diminish rapidly in size.’
- ‘The barley was first allowed to germinate, or sprout rootlets, in a moist environment.’
- ‘The rootlet then drills into the branch and spreads its developing roots under the bark and into the living tissue.’
- ‘Most of the commercially valuable wild species derive their nourishment from the rootlets of living trees in a mutually beneficial relationship called mycorrhiza.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.