One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He moved around a lot with his father's job, and a rootlessness developed that still remains.’
- ‘Persecution, alienation, rootlessness, the seemingly endless capacity of humans for cruelty: these are Phillips's recurring themes, explored through a range of historical and contemporary events.’
- ‘But the downside of this self-invention is rootlessness - a condition city life tends to exacerbate.’
- ‘I think about her whenever I consider my own rootlessness and am graced by the memory of how quickly she sought land and soil to affirm her place in America.’
- ‘Culture provides identity and, in a fast-changing world of displacement and rootlessness, becomes ever more important.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.