Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The square root of the arithmetic mean of the squares of a set of values.
- ‘The average absolute error and the root mean square error are measures of forecasting accuracy.’
- ‘The root mean square (similar to area under a curve) or power is then calculated for each of the frequency bands.’
- ‘Then the square root of the sum was taken to form a root mean square error.’
- ‘The correlation coefficient between predicted and actual total crop machinery costs and root mean square error will be used to measure the relative predictive accuracy of the models.’
- ‘Whether the reader chooses to look at ratios of mean absolute errors or root mean square errors depends on his or her loss function.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.