One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The square root of the arithmetic mean of the squares of a set of values.
- ‘The correlation coefficient between predicted and actual total crop machinery costs and root mean square error will be used to measure the relative predictive accuracy of the models.’
- ‘The root mean square (similar to area under a curve) or power is then calculated for each of the frequency bands.’
- ‘The average absolute error and the root mean square error are measures of forecasting accuracy.’
- ‘Whether the reader chooses to look at ratios of mean absolute errors or root mean square errors depends on his or her loss function.’
- ‘Then the square root of the sum was taken to form a root mean square error.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.