One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pot-bound
- ‘Repot root-bound houseplants and prune any that are looking very ragged.’
- ‘Also Bonsai trees are intentionally allowed to become root-bound in their containers, and the roots too, are pruned.’
- ‘He fertilizes with fish emulsion as much as possible without burning, and sets out plants as soon as they're gaining momentum, before they get root-bound.’
- ‘Otherwise, wait until late March: A smaller tomato plant with growth momentum is better than a large, root-bound plant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.