One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A framework for carrying luggage on the roof of a vehicle.
- ‘Remove that roof rack if you don't need it - a fully loaded roof rack can add 30 per cent to fuel consumption.’
- ‘Get a little nervous when you drive the minivan with the roof rack into a parking garage?’
- ‘Each bus is crammed full of passengers, luggage strapped on the roof racks.’
- ‘It had to be red, with a roof rack, manual shift, and excellent sound system.’
- ‘Fuel efficiency can be increased by driving the speed limit and trying not to overpack or load things on the roof rack, she said.’
- ‘Strapping down loads on roof racks or trailers often requires bungee cords.’
- ‘Another example of poor judgment involves overloading roof racks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.