One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong-tasting hard cheese, originally made in Italy.
- ‘Substitute snipped fresh mint for the fresh herbs and grated Romano cheese for the Parmesan cheese in your favorite pesto recipe.’
- ‘Parmesan and Romano are just as fatty as other cheeses, but they're so flavorful that two tablespoons are all it may take to zip up a bowl of pasta or most any other dish.’
- ‘John Heidecker sprinkles a blend of cheeses, including Romano and Parmesan, on the tomato sauce and pizza dough.’
- ‘Use just a touch of extra-flavorful cheeses like Parmesan, Romano and feta.’
- ‘If you want cheese, sprinkle some shredded or fresh-grated Parmesan or Romano on your pasta instead.’
Italian, literally ‘Roman’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.