One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong-tasting hard cheese, originally made in Italy.
- ‘John Heidecker sprinkles a blend of cheeses, including Romano and Parmesan, on the tomato sauce and pizza dough.’
- ‘Use just a touch of extra-flavorful cheeses like Parmesan, Romano and feta.’
- ‘Parmesan and Romano are just as fatty as other cheeses, but they're so flavorful that two tablespoons are all it may take to zip up a bowl of pasta or most any other dish.’
- ‘If you want cheese, sprinkle some shredded or fresh-grated Parmesan or Romano on your pasta instead.’
- ‘Substitute snipped fresh mint for the fresh herbs and grated Romano cheese for the Parmesan cheese in your favorite pesto recipe.’
Italian, literally ‘Roman’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.