One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So drunk as to be swaying or staggering.‘two blokes coming out of a pub rolling drunk’
intoxicated, inebriated, drunken, befuddled, incapable, tipsy, the worse for drink, under the influence, maudlinView synonyms
- ‘They get rolling drunk and throw up on the carpet.’
- ‘On the Saturday morning, my mother rang the site and the head of security told her I was rolling drunk and knocking people over, but there is no way I was.’
- ‘Archie and I would then join the candidate in getting rolling drunk.’
- ‘Fears were being expressed that the occasion might be ruined by people falling out of pubs and rolling drunk into the graveyard.’
- ‘'She kept drinking cosmopolitans, and when she got to the event she was rolling drunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.