One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity or sport of gliding across a hard surface on roller skates.
- ‘We'll have costume contests and, of course, there's roller skating.’
- ‘There was a roller skating rink and even an indoor ice-skating rink.’
- ‘If only I'd mastered the art of roller skating first, it would have been perfect.’
- ‘There were no clubs or poker machines and the social life evolved around dancing, roller skating and the picture theatres.’
- ‘Again the answer came back a yes, which, of course meant I couldn't go to the roller skating party that afternoon because there would surely be a ‘couples’ skate.’
- ‘He was good at cricket, rugby, roller skating, rowing, shooting, and fishing.’
- ‘By a notice, all ball games, roller skating and skateboarding were prohibited.’
- ‘She passed the mall and shopping center, past the roller skating rink and the favorite teen hangout (though not at the time), and several houses before reaching her own home.’
- ‘Over the last few years low profile sports such as roller skating, wakeboarding, and surfing have found their way to the video game world in record numbers and have been well received.’
- ‘Are you going to go white water rafting, hiking, biking, roller skating, scuba diving?’
- ‘I once spent an entire evening with my wife at a roller skating rink and never got off the floor.’
- ‘It also had a large roller skating rink where people glided to music.’
- ‘I said she had bruises, she falls a lot roller skating.’
- ‘The best part about it was the front porch that spanned the width of the house had the smoothest concretes surface that was super duper for roller skating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.