1A bearing similar to a ball bearing but using small cylindrical rollers instead of balls.
- ‘The cases also use roller bearings instead of babbitt bearings, which are found in most automotive applications.’
- ‘Instead, it is housed by two sets of roller bearings and two sets of ball bearings that are adjustable and serviceable by the user.’
- ‘Many bearings look very similar, whether they are ball bearings, roller bearings or other bearings.’
- ‘The roller bearing is there to prevent the round from shifting forward in the magazine.’
- ‘Each slider that the needle roller bearings run on is measured exactly for the face it contacts.’
- ‘The leveling system is constructed with massive pins, tapered roller bearings and thick steel plate.’
- ‘The use of roller bearings eliminates the necessity of using heavy, slow acting, cumbersome and dangerous counterweights.’
- ‘Oversized roller bearings and sealed cartridge bearings keep the bike rolling smooth.’
- ‘The sectors that recorded excellent sales growth include auto components, ball and roller bearings, refractories industrial valves, cars, utility vehicles, air conditioners and tractors.’
- ‘With a roller bearing instead of having a contact point that is only a spot, you have an entire strip running along the width of the bearing.’
- 1.1 A roller used in a roller bearing.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.