One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A framework of reinforcements protecting a car's passenger cabin in the event that it should roll on to its roof.
- ‘A metal roll cage protects the motor and heat exchanger and serves as a carrying handle.’
- ‘Had he been wearing a 5-point harness, he may have stayed within the protection of the roll cage.’
- ‘Additional welding takes place to increase the stiffness even more, and a steel roll cage is incorporated at that stage.’
- ‘The car was fitted with a roll cage and sports seats and drivers had to wear crash helmets and be strapped in.’
- ‘The car interior now accommodates bucket seats, a roll cage and new steering, as well as a hollowed area where the back seats used to be for the spare parts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.