One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writing desk with a flexible cover sliding in curved grooves.
table, work surface, bureau, writing desk, writing table, lecternView synonyms
- ‘Now, if you're shopping for yourself and are looking for a library table, a roll-top desk and a new rug for your study, you should have measured all the details about that space and have that information at hand.’
- ‘The white roll-top desk that was stationed in the corner of the room had been opened and office supplies.’
- ‘I'd like, when I get old and have my own place, to have a roll-top desk to use as a proper writing desk.’
- ‘A scratched, roll-top desk sat in the far corner of the large tent, with a partitioned box on top of it.’
- ‘For example, brass beds and roll-top desks commanded big prices in the 1970s.’
- ‘A roll-top desk that used to stand in one corner of my grandfather's office fell to my lot and was delivered to me in Hyderabad in July.’
- ‘Next to the bathroom stood an armoire, and next to that a roll-top desk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.