One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writing desk with a flexible cover sliding in curved grooves.
table, work surface, bureau, writing desk, writing table, lecternView synonyms
- ‘For example, brass beds and roll-top desks commanded big prices in the 1970s.’
- ‘Now, if you're shopping for yourself and are looking for a library table, a roll-top desk and a new rug for your study, you should have measured all the details about that space and have that information at hand.’
- ‘A scratched, roll-top desk sat in the far corner of the large tent, with a partitioned box on top of it.’
- ‘A roll-top desk that used to stand in one corner of my grandfather's office fell to my lot and was delivered to me in Hyderabad in July.’
- ‘Next to the bathroom stood an armoire, and next to that a roll-top desk.’
- ‘I'd like, when I get old and have my own place, to have a roll-top desk to use as a proper writing desk.’
- ‘The white roll-top desk that was stationed in the corner of the room had been opened and office supplies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.