One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A securities trader who engages in speculative trading without authorization.
- ‘The trading standards department has received enquiries about unnecessary and unsatisfactory work being carried out by rogue traders - and excessive charges made for that work.’
- ‘The difference between a rogue trader and a star trader is like the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist: it depends whether they win or lose the battle.’
- ‘For instance, in the case of the rogue trader at Diawa in 1995, severe restrictions were imposed and the company later closed down.’
- ‘The $691.2 million losses racked up over a five-year period by the 37-year-old rogue trader ensured a worldwide audience for the Irish bank.’
- ‘The following day, the identity of the 28-year-old rogue trader became known and it was reported that he was on the run from authorities in Singapore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.