One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian dish of curried meat, typically lamb, in a rich tomato-based sauce.
- ‘These days, chicken tikka masala and rogan josh are as much a part of British life as fish and chips.’
- ‘The non-vegetarian segment offers just as many sumptuous delights, starting with mutton and chicken rogan josh, gushtaba, rista and yakhni.’
- ‘We tried vegetable samosas, butter chicken and rogan josh with biriani rice, all of which were very good and made to order.’
- ‘The choice of main meals ranged from a selection of traditional dishes, such as rogan josh, bhuna and korma to a list of house specialities, which were slightly more expensive.’
- ‘Being vegetarian, I stay away from the rogan josh, tabak maz, yakhni and gushtaba, but their spicy fragrance wafts across to the vegetarian side of the buffet too.’
From Urdu roġan još.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.