One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A competitive event in which runners find their way across open country with a map and compass.‘the team decided to abandon the rogaine after only finding two or three checkpoints’
- ‘Congratulations to everyone who completed the rogaine yesterday.’
- ‘Although rogaines are defined as being 12 hours or longer, the classic is the 24-hour event.’
- ‘The same formula applies to every version of orienteering, including night orienteering, mountain orienteering and rogaines.’
- ‘We would be attempting the rogaine in the dark.’
- ‘The rogaine start was ten miles away in the valley.’
- ‘One unique feature of rogaines is that everyone finishes at the same time.’
- ‘They're advertising their second 24-hour rogaine in the area.’
- ‘This being their first rogaine, they decided to enjoy the event and learn what they could.’
- ‘Rogaines of this length customarily begin midday on a Saturday and conclude at midday on the following day.’
- ‘This rogaine has proved to be one of the toughest challenges I have accepted to date.’
1970s: from a blend of parts of the names of Rod, Gail, and Neil Phillips, the game's inventors.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.