[mass noun] X-ray photography.
- ‘Conventional methods for cancer diagnosis use roentgenography, scintigraphy, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging techniques for tissue imaging.’
- ‘Based on the questionnaire, physical examination, and roentgenography of the elbow, Pearson's chi-square test was used for statistical analysis.’
- ‘This was performed only when there was no evidence of fluid in the pleural space as assessed by plain chest roentgenography.’
- ‘The first case diagnosed in life by roentgenography was reported by Kommerell in 1936.’
- ‘The diagnosis of medial ankle instability was made on the basis of the history and results of physical examination, including special maneuvers and plain roentgenography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.