Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An X-ray photograph.
radiogram, radiograph, x-ray imageView synonyms
- ‘Anteroposterior and lateral roentgenograms, MRI scans, and direct visual inspection were used to screen human cadaveric knee specimens for inclusion in the study.’
- ‘A roentgenogram of the thorax revealed a large mediastinal mass, suggestive of lymph node enlargement.’
- ‘After placement, a chest roentgenogram or barium esophagography is performed to reconfirm stent position.’
- ‘The patient's chest roentgenogram was normal.’
- ‘A woman was admitted to our hospital due to abnormal shadows found on chest roentgenograms, and CT detected a number of pulmonary nodules in whole lung fields.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.