One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mercerized cotton is treated to permanently straighten the cotton fibers which then becomes a smooth, rod-like fiber that is uniform in appearance with a high luster.’
- ‘The former can be considered as a two-dimensional superlattice structure, which contains between 10 and 30 rod-like aggregates.’
- ‘A rod-like device, sometimes made of expandable metal mesh, is used to prop open a narrowed artery, typically as part of an angioplasty procedure.’
- ‘The notochord is a stiff, rod-like structure that forms along the dorsal midline and eventually becomes incorporated into the vertebrae.’
- ‘A shock jolted through his body as a lab assistant hit him with a rod-like electric device that delivered a dilapidating charge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.