Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A documentary about rock music and musicians.
- ‘This rockumentary follows the band from the departure of its longtime bassist right on through the band's near demise under the weight of the singer's ego and the guitarist's rehab stint.’
- ‘In reality, one should consider this a companion piece to the road rockumentary released last year.’
- ‘In an opening moment in the rockumentary, a solitary video camera captures the band leader trying to schedule a recording with his longtime musical cohort and friend.’
- ‘It doesn't set out to be an Oscar-winning rockumentary, and is all the more enjoyable because of it.’
- ‘In 20 years, if there's some kind of rockumentary and they want to interview my withered old form about how crazy it was back in the '90s, I'd totally be into it.’
1970s: from rock + documentary.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.