One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An early form of reggae music originating in Jamaica in the 1960s, characterized by a slow tempo.
- ‘He presents a crucial hour of rocksteady, ska, ragga, dancehall, dub and the best reggae.’
- ‘They have consistently laid down the traditional styling of ska music, taking influences from its early days along with rocksteady and reggae.’
- ‘By the time it found mass success, it was already slowing down to the swaying tempo of rocksteady and soon after that, reggae.’
- ‘Soon enough the dance halls were dominated by the ska beat, which eventually metamorphosed into rocksteady, this transformation paving the way for the emergence of reggae.’
- ‘His simple, often hypnotic approach, to ska, rocksteady and reggae made him one of the most distinctive sounding musicians of the era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.