One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slender marine fish of the cod family, typically occurring in shallow water or tidal pools.
Genera Ciliata and Rhinomenus, family Gadidae: several species
- ‘Nobody would say that a flounder, dab or rockling is going to pull hard, although I admit that flounder on light rods are fun.’
- ‘The bait also attracts additional dogfish, flounders, rockling, pout and school bass and makes for a busy session.’
- ‘In these extreme northern latitudes of Baffin Bay, by-catch consisted primarily of gelatinous snailfish, Arctic skate, and four-beard rockling.’
- ‘Spider crabs stalked the seabed; wrasse, blennies, shannies and rockling darted over the reefs, and pollack wheeled overhead.’
- ‘Tope packs come in shallow and work the edges of stony reefs looking for black bream, school bass, rockling and even small dogfish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.