One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A geologist or amateur collector of mineral specimens.
- ‘During these years many mineral collectors and rockhounds spent their summer vacations in the Keweenaw, working the mine dumps for specimens.’
- ‘Saturday nights were less-intimate gatherings, with the apartment packed with world-class mineral collectors, out-of-town and local curators, bibliophiles, and just plain rockhounds.’
- ‘The Northern Flinders Ranges may not provide work for copperminers anymore, but they still are a mineral paradise for geology lecturers, geology students, history students and rockhounds alike.’
- ‘The first report of the results provided an interesting look at who we ‘rockhounds’ are, confirmed many of our ‘empirical’ observations, and revealed some surprises.’
- ‘The book is primarily meant for beginning rockhounds, but more advanced collectors not familiar with all parts of Texas will also find it useful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.