One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marine fish of the scorpionfish family with a laterally compressed body. It is generally a bottom-dweller in rocky areas and is frequently of sporting or commercial value.
Genus Sebastes, family Scorpaenidae: numerous species
- ‘When a snipefish was recovered from the belly of a rockfish off the coast of Southern California, it was the first found in that region for more than 40 years.’
- ‘According to the report, are several species of ‘groundfish’ are at risk, including the yelloweye rockfish.’
- ‘Now we're catching species with long life spans such as the orange roughy, rockfishes, and large groupers, many of which are now seriously threatened.’
- ‘For the first time, anglers off the Donegal coast of north-west Ireland have reported catching bluefin tuna and bluemouth rockfish.’
- ‘In the case of fisheries, vessels chasing rockfish should not destroy halibut, and boats seeking shrimp should not degrade the spawning stock of redfish.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.