Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun], [usually with negative] Something very difficult to understand.‘we want you to get out and vote—it's not exactly rocket science’
- ‘It was hardly rocket science, but it made us realize that what matters is what the customer wants to buy.’
- ‘While this may sound revolutionary, it isn't rocket science, nor is it exactly new news.’
- ‘It's not exactly rocket science, but it's surprising how hard it is to maintain this discipline - and how many people have failed to do so.’
- ‘Setting up on your own isn't rocket science, but it does take nerve and an injection of capital to get you rolling.’
- ‘It's not rocket science to find a balanced panel.’
- ‘We can't ask for rocket science, but comedy is always better wound up and tight versus aimless.’
- ‘Targeting elevator ads to the location, time of day, and audience is not rocket science, notes the head of the multicultural marketing agency.’
- ‘‘Leadership has never been rocket science,’ he said.’
- ‘Her self-imposed mission is to find her mother's estranged brother, and it doesn't take rocket science to see where the two narratives converge.’
- ‘Organic weed control is not rocket science, but it does take understanding the anatomy and physiology of the crop plants, the weeds and the soil.’
- ‘What Rex said has helped ground me in thinking that this really is not rocket science, it's basic business practices.’
- ‘What you need to understand is that creating and running a new business is not rocket science; there is a way to do it than can minimize the risks involved.’
- ‘It may not have been cinematic rocket science, but the film-makers always gave fans what they wanted.’
- ‘The chord changes aren't rocket science, but the rhythms are fast and the fills are rare, quick and poisonous.’
- ‘This isn't rocket science, observes the analyst.’
- ‘This isn't rocket science, but neither should it be.’
- ‘After all it's rock 'n' roll, not rocket science.’
- ‘The CEO said that the Internet isn't exactly rocket science.’
- ‘But successfully developing and launching a co-op - while not rocket science - can be complex and daunting for those who have never been through the process.’
- ‘This isn't rocket science; if something's wrong, make it right.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.