One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heaped arrangement of rough stones with soil between them, planted with rock plants, especially alpines.as modifier ‘rockery stones’
- ‘Both shelter and cover can be easily provided by blending areas of shrubbery, trees, or rockeries into your landscape design.’
- ‘The gardens that surround the house have been landscaped with trees, plants, shrubs and rockeries, and there are also a fish pond and wishing well.’
- ‘Another popular flower is the ‘gladiolus’, which is much in demand for use in herbaceous borders, bedding, rockeries and ornamental pots.’
- ‘The courtyard is densely planted with bamboo while rockeries and fountains are embellished with varieties of exotic flowers and rare plants.’
- ‘After a period of time, a building is not all of one age but a bionic composite of different eras, as are the rockery, the water features, the flora, and the architecture of a garden.’
- ‘It is in lawn and includes mature trees and shrubs, herbaceous borders, a rockery and a water feature.’
- ‘The Tidy Towns committee have been working rain or shine to keep the flower borders, rockeries and shrubbery areas trim, free of weeds and litter.’
- ‘Natural granite stone walls provide seclusion, and the area has raised flowerbeds and a rockery stocked with a variety of plants and shrubs.’
- ‘The gardens have been planted for year-round colour and include flowerbeds, rockeries, a water feature, a raised patio, a herb garden and two sheds.’
- ‘The railed front garden has been pebbled and has a central rockery and flowerbeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.