One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heaped arrangement of rough stones with soil between them, planted with rock plants, especially alpines.as modifier ‘rockery stones’
- ‘The gardens have been planted for year-round colour and include flowerbeds, rockeries, a water feature, a raised patio, a herb garden and two sheds.’
- ‘Natural granite stone walls provide seclusion, and the area has raised flowerbeds and a rockery stocked with a variety of plants and shrubs.’
- ‘The gardens that surround the house have been landscaped with trees, plants, shrubs and rockeries, and there are also a fish pond and wishing well.’
- ‘The Tidy Towns committee have been working rain or shine to keep the flower borders, rockeries and shrubbery areas trim, free of weeds and litter.’
- ‘It is in lawn and includes mature trees and shrubs, herbaceous borders, a rockery and a water feature.’
- ‘The railed front garden has been pebbled and has a central rockery and flowerbeds.’
- ‘Both shelter and cover can be easily provided by blending areas of shrubbery, trees, or rockeries into your landscape design.’
- ‘After a period of time, a building is not all of one age but a bionic composite of different eras, as are the rockery, the water features, the flora, and the architecture of a garden.’
- ‘Another popular flower is the ‘gladiolus’, which is much in demand for use in herbaceous borders, bedding, rockeries and ornamental pots.’
- ‘The courtyard is densely planted with bamboo while rockeries and fountains are embellished with varieties of exotic flowers and rare plants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.