One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a motor vehicle) a panel forming part of the bodywork below the level of the passenger door.
- ‘Full-length tubular fixtures that align with the gutter and lower rocker panel are placed along either side of the van.’
- ‘The lower part, comprised by the underbumper, wheel arches and rocker panel, is massive and robust, influenced by SUV design elements.’
- ‘With the galvanizing of these panels, the end to rusted out rocker panels came about - although for a few years the paint would flake off the galvanized parts.’
- ‘The seal attaches to the inner door panel and compresses to the scuff plate at the rocker panel, reducing interior road noise.’
- ‘Engineers initially viewed the pinch-weld flanges beneath the rocker panels as an excellent place to trim weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.