Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in a motor vehicle) a panel forming part of the bodywork below the level of the passenger door.
- ‘With the galvanizing of these panels, the end to rusted out rocker panels came about - although for a few years the paint would flake off the galvanized parts.’
- ‘The seal attaches to the inner door panel and compresses to the scuff plate at the rocker panel, reducing interior road noise.’
- ‘Engineers initially viewed the pinch-weld flanges beneath the rocker panels as an excellent place to trim weight.’
- ‘Full-length tubular fixtures that align with the gutter and lower rocker panel are placed along either side of the van.’
- ‘The lower part, comprised by the underbumper, wheel arches and rocker panel, is massive and robust, influenced by SUV design elements.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.