One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a motor vehicle) a panel forming part of the bodywork below the level of the passenger door.
- ‘The seal attaches to the inner door panel and compresses to the scuff plate at the rocker panel, reducing interior road noise.’
- ‘With the galvanizing of these panels, the end to rusted out rocker panels came about - although for a few years the paint would flake off the galvanized parts.’
- ‘Engineers initially viewed the pinch-weld flanges beneath the rocker panels as an excellent place to trim weight.’
- ‘Full-length tubular fixtures that align with the gutter and lower rocker panel are placed along either side of the van.’
- ‘The lower part, comprised by the underbumper, wheel arches and rocker panel, is massive and robust, influenced by SUV design elements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.