One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rocking lever in an engine, especially one in an internal combustion engine which serves to work a valve and is operated by a pushrod from the camshaft.
- ‘The rocker arm must have enough room to operate the valve in a smooth motion both up and down without causing excessive load to the valve guide.’
- ‘The engine's camshaft drives the pump pistons through a roll rocker arm.’
- ‘A small treatment cup, operating from a rocker arm directly off the seed dump pan and out of a small reservoir, meters one cup of treatment with each dump of the seed pan.’
- ‘The system is activated via a two-piece rocker arm.’
- ‘We had a really wild ride there when the left rear rocker arm snapped going over the crest of the hill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.