Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rocking lever in an engine, especially one in an internal combustion engine which serves to work a valve and is operated by a pushrod from the camshaft.
- ‘The rocker arm must have enough room to operate the valve in a smooth motion both up and down without causing excessive load to the valve guide.’
- ‘A small treatment cup, operating from a rocker arm directly off the seed dump pan and out of a small reservoir, meters one cup of treatment with each dump of the seed pan.’
- ‘We had a really wild ride there when the left rear rocker arm snapped going over the crest of the hill.’
- ‘The engine's camshaft drives the pump pistons through a roll rocker arm.’
- ‘The system is activated via a two-piece rocker arm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.