One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rocking lever in an engine, especially one in an internal combustion engine which serves to work a valve and is operated by a pushrod from the camshaft.
- ‘The engine's camshaft drives the pump pistons through a roll rocker arm.’
- ‘The system is activated via a two-piece rocker arm.’
- ‘We had a really wild ride there when the left rear rocker arm snapped going over the crest of the hill.’
- ‘A small treatment cup, operating from a rocker arm directly off the seed dump pan and out of a small reservoir, meters one cup of treatment with each dump of the seed pan.’
- ‘The rocker arm must have enough room to operate the valve in a smooth motion both up and down without causing excessive load to the valve guide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.