One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of popular music, originating in the south-eastern US in the 1950s, combining elements of rock and roll and country music.‘an offbeat blend of country, swing, and rockabilly’as modifier ‘rockabilly music’
- ‘I wanted guys who were hot musicians who didn't have grounding in rockabilly or country or blues.’
- ‘Finally, music is very important to his films, often blending diverse styles like American rockabilly and blues, classical music, and Finnish pop songs.’
- ‘For a man who was known to record some of the most fiery roots music this side of the Mississippi, he was usually not featured belting out some rambunctious R & B or scorching rockabilly.’
- ‘The film shows us the early years at Sun Records, where rock and roll was born - the artists on the label brought country and rockabilly and the blues and gospel together.’
- ‘This first release more than conveys the excitement these boys bring to the tried and true rockabilly of the past.’
1950s: blend of rock and roll and hillbilly.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.