One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountrademark in UK
Inorganic material made into matted fibre used especially for insulation or soundproofing.
- ‘You can compensate for this stacking effect and achieve the desired total R-value by adding about one extra inch of insulation if the old insulation is fiber glass, or about ½ inch if the old insulation is rock wool or cellulose.’
- ‘Pipes for kitchen stoves, wood stoves, and furnaces should only be insulated with fiberglass or rock wool because cellulose may smolder if flue temperatures become hot enough.’
- ‘The European company produces a mineral wool insulation containing equal amounts of rock wool and slag wool.’
- ‘Pack gaps around an insulated chimney with unfaced rock wool or unfaced fiber glass insulation.’
- ‘Loose-fill insulation, usually made of fiber glass, rock wool or cellulose, is blown into the attic or walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.