One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant that grows on or among rocks.
- ‘These unheated buildings are a short walk away from the main glasshouses and are filled with a huge range of tiny rock plants.’
- ‘A sunny aspect will suit most rock plants, but those that prefer it a bit shady can be grown on the north side of large rocks.’
- ‘The layered roofs are covered with sedum: a layer of vegetation and rock plants chosen for their unobtrusive, self-maintaining qualities.’
- ‘In their natural habitats, many rock plants grow in exposed locations, so they will thrive in a site that gets full sun, especially near the coast.’
- ‘Hall has looked after Kew's alpines and bulbs since 1976 and knows more about rock plants than most.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.