One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant that grows on or among rocks.
- ‘Hall has looked after Kew's alpines and bulbs since 1976 and knows more about rock plants than most.’
- ‘These unheated buildings are a short walk away from the main glasshouses and are filled with a huge range of tiny rock plants.’
- ‘The layered roofs are covered with sedum: a layer of vegetation and rock plants chosen for their unobtrusive, self-maintaining qualities.’
- ‘A sunny aspect will suit most rock plants, but those that prefer it a bit shady can be grown on the north side of large rocks.’
- ‘In their natural habitats, many rock plants grow in exposed locations, so they will thrive in a site that gets full sun, especially near the coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.