One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Perform rock music loudly and vigorously.‘the Waterboys rock out fiercely in one of the most anthemic tracks the band has recorded’
- ‘He never really came close to rocking out with conviction over the past 20-plus years like he did at the start of his career - until now.’
- ‘The Canadian guitar god should have been dressed in a schoolboy uniform as he rocked out like AC/DC throughout the performance.’
- ‘Performing a variety of songs from all three albums, the band rocked out on a dynamic rollercoaster that ranged from the softest melodies to pounding virtual thrash metal.’
- ‘Merely watching the two beautiful females in the group rock out is enough.’
- ‘The self-confident singer rocked out, freestyled with natural ease and steamed up the room with poetry and poise and an intense, extended version of ‘Sun Again.’’
- ‘The vocalist speaks rather than sings, and the band rocks out more than it has in the past.’
- ‘For whatever reason, I believe band possesses this propensity for rocking out.’
- ‘With just a square black stage and some colourful lights, it almost felt like the group were rocking out at their local bar - except for the thousands of screaming hordes.’
- ‘When they aren't rocking out, the band do what they can to encourage their fans to become politically aware and get out to the voting polls.’
- ‘They rock out with unexpected intensity, but the song ends quickly, leaving the listener hoping for the band to flex their rock muscles a bit more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.