One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cantaloupe
- ‘At the orchards the annuals we are growing for market - the rock melon and the tomatoes - have been joined unexpectedly by the pumpkins.’
- ‘If pawpaw is too highly priced people tend to go for something similar like rock melon which is much cheaper.’
- ‘Watermelon, mango, strawberries, orange, kiwi fruit, rock melon and honey dew melon had filled the seven bowls, and a generous dollop of organic cream was poured all over the fruit.’
- ‘For example at the Show they had four varieties of rock melon, several of cucumber and eight varieties of pumpkins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.