One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A mountaineer or keen rock climber.
- ‘Here's a rundown of the basic building blocks you'll need, some pointers you'll want to keep in mind, and a few resources that will get you on your way to becoming an around-the-clock rock jock.’
- ‘Yet its $12.95-an-issue price makes it an extravagant indulgence for the average rock jock - and, with just over 5,000 subscribers, it has yet to be profitable.’
- ‘For many modern rock jocks, the Cobbler's steep and overhanging faces continue to provide testing challenges as they search for ever-harder lines.’
- ‘He and several buddies pulled off multiple single-day ascents of Yosemite routes that most rock jocks complete in three to five days.’
- ‘As the only full-time climbing ranger in Yosemite, Else patrols the park's world-class climbing routes, leads rescues, and keeps peace between park brass and rock jocks.’
2A disc jockey who plays rock music.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.