One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A mountaineer or keen rock climber.
- ‘He and several buddies pulled off multiple single-day ascents of Yosemite routes that most rock jocks complete in three to five days.’
- ‘As the only full-time climbing ranger in Yosemite, Else patrols the park's world-class climbing routes, leads rescues, and keeps peace between park brass and rock jocks.’
- ‘Yet its $12.95-an-issue price makes it an extravagant indulgence for the average rock jock - and, with just over 5,000 subscribers, it has yet to be profitable.’
- ‘Here's a rundown of the basic building blocks you'll need, some pointers you'll want to keep in mind, and a few resources that will get you on your way to becoming an around-the-clock rock jock.’
- ‘For many modern rock jocks, the Cobbler's steep and overhanging faces continue to provide testing challenges as they search for ever-harder lines.’
2A disc jockey who plays rock music.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.