One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who performs, likes, or dresses in a style associated with rock music.‘I've never been a rock chick—I wasn't into the whole leather trouser look’
- ‘She's got that naturally gorgeous rock chick thing happening.’
- ‘It's clear that she is a rock chick at heart.’
- ‘I really feel that you need to be a rock chick to be in the DJ business and I just wanted to spend time at home.’
- ‘Skinheads mixed with rock chicks and indie lovers as the massed ranks heaved and jostled to bag the prime vantage points.’
- ‘I've certainly never been a rock chick - I wasn't into that whole leather trouser look.’
- ‘They remind me of what it felt like to be a young aspiring rock chick.’
- ‘Last December, the wild rock chick reportedly instigated a bar brawl after she punched a fellow clubber’
- ‘Kate loves singing and is a frustrated rock chick.’
- ‘Despite the classy clothes, she still moved with the easy swagger of a rock chick.’
- ‘She's a West Coast rock chick.’
- ‘She is known as a rock chick with an attitude and has legions of devoted fans.’
- ‘She was a rock chick ahead of her time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.