Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman who performs, likes, or dresses in a style associated with rock music.‘I've never been a rock chick—I wasn't into the whole leather trouser look’
- ‘I've certainly never been a rock chick - I wasn't into that whole leather trouser look.’
- ‘I really feel that you need to be a rock chick to be in the DJ business and I just wanted to spend time at home.’
- ‘She was a rock chick ahead of her time.’
- ‘They remind me of what it felt like to be a young aspiring rock chick.’
- ‘She's a West Coast rock chick.’
- ‘Despite the classy clothes, she still moved with the easy swagger of a rock chick.’
- ‘Kate loves singing and is a frustrated rock chick.’
- ‘Last December, the wild rock chick reportedly instigated a bar brawl after she punched a fellow clubber’
- ‘She's got that naturally gorgeous rock chick thing happening.’
- ‘She is known as a rock chick with an attitude and has legions of devoted fans.’
- ‘Skinheads mixed with rock chicks and indie lovers as the massed ranks heaved and jostled to bag the prime vantage points.’
- ‘It's clear that she is a rock chick at heart.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.