One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See rock and roll
- ‘Many rock and rollers become rich and famous, but few can claim to have also had a significant impact on culture at large.’
- ‘But according to Geldof all this means nothing because first and foremost, he sees himself as a rock and roller.’
- ‘Recorded in the seventies this was a chance to see the great rock and roller performing in his prime.’
- ‘As for the musical numbers, they're standard video stuff with Nesmith playing a few funny characters, like a smooth lounge singer or a smitten '50s rock and roller.’
- ‘I am, after all, a lifelong and unrepentant rock and roller, and I turned out okay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.