treated as singular The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.‘civilian research on robotics is advancing swiftly’
- ‘I've been hanging around at Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute, the largest center for robotics in the world, watching these guys build and test robots.’
- ‘They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.’
- ‘They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.’
- ‘No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.’
- ‘In addition to an efficient drying system that produces instantized whey proteins, the plant uses robotics extensively in its cheese and whey packaging systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.