Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.‘civilian research on robotics is advancing swiftly’
- ‘I've been hanging around at Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute, the largest center for robotics in the world, watching these guys build and test robots.’
- ‘They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.’
- ‘They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.’
- ‘No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.’
- ‘In addition to an efficient drying system that produces instantized whey proteins, the plant uses robotics extensively in its cheese and whey packaging systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.