One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Berate or reprimand someone.‘he roared me up and asked the sergeant for my name’
- ‘Just roar her up. You know, tell her the cops'll come, or she'll go to hell or something.’
- ‘Nory went over, assessed the situation, and got on the Utilities officer and roared him up.’
- ‘How rude and unprofessional! I was so mad, I called them out and roared them up.’
- ‘The boys are very amused when I roar him up and ask why the hell he hasn't brought his uncle back anything.’
- ‘My doctor pal roared me up and said I was overweight and under-blooded’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.