One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Berate or reprimand someone.‘he roared me up and asked the sergeant for my name’
- ‘The boys are very amused when I roar him up and ask why the hell he hasn't brought his uncle back anything.’
- ‘My doctor pal roared me up and said I was overweight and under-blooded’
- ‘Nory went over, assessed the situation, and got on the Utilities officer and roared him up.’
- ‘How rude and unprofessional! I was so mad, I called them out and roared them up.’
- ‘Just roar her up. You know, tell her the cops'll come, or she'll go to hell or something.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.