One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large lorry pulling one or more trailers.
- ‘The typical annual turnover of a road train is $300,000 of which around 80 per cent goes on expenses, including fuel and tyres, a big shot in the arm for the local economy.’
- ‘During testing at Northern Territory's Tanami Desert, the Kenworth hauled gold-bearing ore in 400 tonne, six-trailer road trains.’
- ‘The proposal would see 4km of bitumen added to the partially sealed 47 km long Carnarvon-Mullewa Road for the purpose of transporting up to 100 road trains each day.’
- ‘Mr Downs had seven years’ truck driving experience behind him including driving road trains in Australia.’
- ‘In the Territory, locals and tourists are being asked to share responsibility for road safety - by respecting the big road trains that ply the north.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.