One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sudden violent anger provoked in a motorist by the actions of another driver.
- ‘This short about road rage was truly ahead of its time.’
- ‘The movie features fast cars, a psychotic with road rage, a bounty hunter, and an attractive blonde.’
- ‘I'm in the middle of watching ‘Band of Brothers,’ and getting accustomed to the vocabulary of warfare, but it doesn't mean I'm going to implement such tactics during spells of road rage.’
- ‘Driving buses is physically and emotionally taxing, with increasing demands for customer service, working congested routes, avoiding road rage, and dealing with schoolchildren.’
- ‘This reduces the myth to history's earliest account of road rage, complete with an autopsy report.’
- ‘Once the symbol and instrument of progress, now it drives us to gridlock and road rage.’
- ‘I was disgusted with this guy's driving skills, disgusted with the macho attitude, and those of you who have ever driven with me will know I suffer from chronic road rage.’
- ‘Aiming for the market occupied by the rich, some insurers are introducing cover for stalking, road rage, car jacking, aggravated burglary and kidnap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.