One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disc displayed on a vehicle certifying payment of road tax.
- ‘I agree entirely with the lady who recently wrote in regarding vehicles on the road without a road fund licence.’
- ‘Most drivers are under the impression that paying a huge amount for a road fund licence entitles them to drive on the public highway.’
- ‘You might even be able to set up a system where drivers could offset the charges against their road fund licence.’
- ‘They are right in saying that the fairest way for road pricing is to abolish the road fund licence and put the tax on fuel.’
- ‘Yes, you could be prosecuted for not having an MoT and road fund licence when you return.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.