One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in New Zealand) the official set of rules and guidance for road users.‘in this situation, the Road Code exhorts drivers to give way’
- ‘His lawyer stated he had read the New Zealand road code before going on honeymoon.’
- ‘The Road Code says that you must not park closer than six metres from a pedestrian crossing on the approach side.’
- ‘Often illiteracy got them into jail, either indirectly through unemployment or directly through offences such as driving repeatedly without a licence simply because they couldn't read the road code.’
- ‘They're among the 10 Road Code questions that teen drivers and others sitting learner licence theory tests get wrong most often.’
- ‘Riders are to keep as far to the left side of the roads as possible and normal road code rules apply!’
- ‘Anyone I ask doesn't understand its meaning and it's not in the Road Code.’
- ‘Police and staff will be checking whether cyclists comply with the road code.’
- ‘I recall reading something years ago in the road code about the give-way road markings but cannot remember if this is the rule.’
- ‘The Road Code for cyclists states that where provided, cyclists should use cycle lanes.’
- ‘The Road Code for cyclists exhorts them to keep as far to the left as practicable, but not to the extent thatit compromises safety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.