One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which promotes the breakdown of RNA into oligonucleotides and smaller molecules.
- ‘The extracted nucleic acid was suspended in TE and treated with RNase at 37 deg C for 30 min.’
- ‘We select proteins RNase, SNAse, Barnase, CheY, Im7, and P16, for which, at the experimental conditions studied, the existence of intermediates in the folding process have been observed experimentally.’
- ‘Before analysis, cells were spun out of ethanol and resuspended in 1.5 ml PBS containing propidium iodide (100 [microg/ml) and RNase.’
- ‘A second possibility to account for false-negative results might be inactivation of the enzyme by RNase.’
- ‘The skin excretes RNase, which cuts up the RNA in RNA-based viruses.’
1950s: from RNA + -ase.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.