One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A virus in which the genetic information is stored in the form of RNA (as opposed to DNA).
- ‘It is a highly contagious viral infection mainly transmitted by droplets caused by single stranded RNA virus belonging to genus morbillivirus in the family Paramyxoviridae.’
- ‘HCV is an RNA virus of the flavivirus family that infects about 4 million U.S. residents and produces some 30,000 new infections each year.’
- ‘Once the DNA is converted back into RNA, the introduced mutations will occur in the genome of the RNA virus.’
- ‘This is usually to their advantage because when you're infected with an RNA virus its frenzied mutations allow it to change quickly and so evade the immune system.’
- ‘Hepatitis A infection, caused by an RNA virus in the picornavirus family, is the most common cause of hepatitis in the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.