One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carrying no risk; safe.‘riskless investments’
secure, sound, risk-free, low-risk, impregnable, unassailable, invulnerableView synonyms
- ‘Such a situation would guarantee unlimited and riskless profits for all those holding gold and silver.’
- ‘In reality, of course, there can be no truly riskless asset - death and taxes remain the only certainties vouchsafed to human beings.’
- ‘The mere possibility of unlimited and riskless profits suggests that there is an error in the calculation.’
- ‘Our society is providing completely riskless benefits to its retired people.’
- ‘The government tried to make speculating as riskless as possible.’
- ‘This is not a riskless transaction.’
- ‘Cash deposits are riskless.’
- ‘The profits are not riskless.’
- ‘Money traditionally is both a riskless, liquid asset and a medium of exchange.’
- ‘There's no denying how frustrating staid, riskless costume dramas can be, where substance is replaced with big budgets, fancy costumes and schmaltz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.