One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carrying no risk; safe.‘riskless investments’
secure, sound, risk-free, low-risk, impregnable, unassailable, invulnerableView synonyms
- ‘There's no denying how frustrating staid, riskless costume dramas can be, where substance is replaced with big budgets, fancy costumes and schmaltz.’
- ‘The mere possibility of unlimited and riskless profits suggests that there is an error in the calculation.’
- ‘This is not a riskless transaction.’
- ‘Money traditionally is both a riskless, liquid asset and a medium of exchange.’
- ‘Cash deposits are riskless.’
- ‘The government tried to make speculating as riskless as possible.’
- ‘The profits are not riskless.’
- ‘In reality, of course, there can be no truly riskless asset - death and taxes remain the only certainties vouchsafed to human beings.’
- ‘Such a situation would guarantee unlimited and riskless profits for all those holding gold and silver.’
- ‘Our society is providing completely riskless benefits to its retired people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.