One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A systematic process of evaluating the potential risks that may be involved in a projected activity or undertaking.
- ‘The leaders of the afternoon group had not carried out a written risk assessment.’
- ‘Councillor Howells added that the question of lifeguards could not be resolved until the council completed an annual risk assessment of its award-winning beaches.’
- ‘In 1994 risk assessments were still being made as dumping continued.’
- ‘The risk assessment can only look for what we know to be risky such as allergenic particles or known side effects in animals.’
- ‘We also performed an exploratory analysis to determine the relative effectiveness of the components of the multifactorial falls risk assessment.’
- ‘His research provides a psychological framework which offers a useful guide to thinking about risk assessment.’
- ‘This risk assessment, according to Dr. Woodside, is at the high end of the moderate category of risk.’
- ‘The standard method for cardiac risk assessment used by most physicians is based on the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) guidelines, which are summarized below.’
- ‘The new head of homeland security, Michael Chertoff, this week testified he wants to allocate more funds based on risk assessment.’
- ‘Our family was screened by Social Services regularly, risk assessments for the children.’
- ‘The Government now demands every fire authority in the country produces a risk assessment plan to best use resources.’
- ‘The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) called for sensible risk assessments to be made.’
- ‘The officer said he feared he could get into trouble without first having a risk-assessment conducted.’
- ‘The time to resume operations is a key datum in probabilistic risk assessment.’
- ‘The team undertook a two-pronged approach to risk assessment.’
- ‘This will also facilitate the ongoing shift from external regulation to internal systems of controls and risk assessments.’
- ‘An effective security program can only be designed on the basis of a risk assessment.’
- ‘A formal risk assessment for water-skiing on Windermere has been commissioned - the first time such a study has been done.’
- ‘New guidance on risk assessment is contained in the second part of this instruction.’
- ‘They also include a risk assessment of the likelihood of further offending and possible harm to the public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.